Microsoft Azure Architect Design
This exam measures your ability to accomplish the following technical tasks: determine workload requirements; design for identity and security; design a data platform solution; design a business continuity strategy; design for deployment, migration, and integration; and design an infrastructure strategy.
Successful Cloud Solutions Architects begin this role with practical experience with operating systems, virtualization, cloud infrastructure, storage structures, billing, and networking.
After completing this course, students will be able to: Integrate their existing solutions with external identity providers using Azure AD B2B or B2C.
- Design a hybrid identity solution.
- Determine when to use advanced features of Azure AD such as Managed Service Identity, MFA and Privileged Identity Management.
- Secure application secrets using Key Vault.
- Secure application data using SQL Database and Azure Storage features.
- Detail the various APIs available in Cognitive Services.
- Identify when to use the Face API, Speech API or Language Understanding (LUIS) service.
- Describe the relationship to Bot Framework and Azure Bot Services.
- Determine the ideal pricing option for Azure Storage based on a solution’s requirements.
- Identify performance thresholds for the Azure Storage service.
- Determine the type of Storage blobs to use for specific solution components.
- Use the Azure Files service for SMB operations.
- Identify solutions that could benefit from the use of StorSimple physical or virtual devices.
- Compare and contrast monitoring services for applications, the Azure platform, and networking.
- Design an alert scheme for a solution hosted in Azure.
- Select the appropriate backup option for infrastructure and data hosted in Azure.
- Automate the deployment of future resources for backup recovery or scaling purposes.
- Create a resource group.
- Add resources to a resource group.
- Deploy an ARM template to a resource group Integrate an API or Logic App with the API Management service.Design an App Service Plan or multi-region deployment for high performance and scale.
- Integrate an API or Logic App with the API Management service.
- Design an App Service Plan or multi-region deployment for high performance and scale.
- Describe various patterns pulled from the Cloud Design Patterns.
- Distribute network traffic across multiple loads using load balancers.
- Design a hybrid connectivity scenario between cloud and on-premise.
- Design an availability set for one or more virtual machines.
- Describe the differences between fault and update domains.
- Author a VM Scale Set ARM template.
The following items describe the outline of the course:
Module 1: Managing Security & Identity for Azure Solutions
Module 2: Integrating SaaS Services Available on the Azure Platform
Module 3: Backing Azure Solutions with Azure Storage
Module 4: Comparing Database Options in Azure
Module 5: Monitoring & Automating Azure Solutions
Module 6: Deploying Resources with Azure Resource Manager
Module 7: Creating Managed Server Applications in Azure
Module 8: Authoring Serverless Applications in Azure
Module 9: Application Architecture Patterns in Azure
Module 10: Building Azure IaaS-Based Server Applications (ADSK)
Module 11: Networking Azure Application Components
Module 12: Integrating Azure Solution Components Using Messaging Services