AZ-303 – Microsoft Azure Architect Technologies
This course teaches Solutions Architects how to translate business requirements into secure, scalable, and reliable solutions. Lessons include virtualization, automation, networking, storage, identity, security, data platform, and application infrastructure. This course outlines how decisions in each theses area affects an overall solution.
This course is for IT Professionals with expertise in designing and implementing solutions running on Microsoft Azure. They should have broad knowledge of IT operations, including networking, virtualization, identity, security, business continuity, disaster recovery, data platform, budgeting, and governance. Azure Solution Architects use the Azure Portal and as they become more adept, they use the Command Line Interface. Candidates must have expert-level skills in Azure administration and have experience with Azure development processes and DevOps processes.
- Secure identities with Azure Active Directory and users and groups.
- Implement identity solutions spanning on-premises and cloud-based capabilities
- Apply monitoring solutions for collecting, combining, and analyzing data from different sources.
- Manage subscriptions, accounts, Azure policies, and Role-Based Access Control.
- Administer Azure using the Resource Manager, Azure portal, Cloud Shell, and CLI.
- Configure intersite connectivity solutions like VNet Peering, and virtual network gateways.
- Administer Azure App Service, Azure Container Instances, and Kubernetes.
Successful Azure Solution Architects start this role with experience on operating systems, virtualization, cloud infrastructure, storage structures, and networking.
- Understanding of on-premises virtualization technologies, including: VMs, virtual networking, and virtual hard disks.
- Understanding of network configuration, including TCP/IP, Domain Name System (DNS), virtual private networks (VPNs), firewalls, and encryption technologies.
- Understanding of Active Directory concepts, including domains, forests, domain controllers, replication, Kerberos protocol, and Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP).
- Understanding of resilience and disaster recovery, including backup and restore operations.
The following items describe the outline of the course:
Module 1: Implement Virtual Networking
Module 2: Implement VMs for Windows and Linux
Module 3: Automate Deployment and Configuration of Resources
Module 4: Implement Load Balancing and Network Security
Module 5: Implement Storage Accounts
Module 6: Implement Azure Active Directory
Module 7: Implement and Manage Azure Governance
Module 8: Implement and Manage Hybrid Identities
Module 9: Manage Workloads in Azure
Module 10: Implement Cloud Infrastructure Monitoring
Module 11: Manage Security for Applications
Module 12: Implement an Application Infrastructure
Module 13: Implement Container-Based Applications
Module 14: Implement NoSQL Databases
Module 15: Implement Azure SQL Databases
Principal Consultant, Infront Consulting Group APAC
Susantha Silva is experience person on Windows Server, Virtualization and Cloud technology area. With his 18+ Industry experience he has helped most of the enterprise companies in Sri Lanka on System Center, virtualization and cloud solutions.
Susantha is one of the founding members of the IT Pro community in Sri Lanka and active contributor on sharing knowledge in those forums. He also an active trainer and public speaker on technical events.