MS-100 – Microsoft 365 Identity and Services
This course covers three central elements of Microsoft 365 enterprise administration – Microsoft 365 tenant and service management, Office 365 management, and Microsoft 365 identity management. In Microsoft 365 tenant and service management, you will examine all the key components that must be planned for when designing your Microsoft 365 tenant. Once this planning phase is complete, you will learn how to configure your Microsoft 365 tenant, including your organizational profile, tenant subscription options, component services, user accounts and licenses, and security groups. Finally, you will learn how to manage your tenant, which includes the configuration of tenant roles and managing your tenant health and services.
With your Microsoft 365 tenant now firmly in place, you will examine the key components of Office 365 management. This begins with an overview of Office 365 product functionality, including Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, Microsoft Teams, additional product resources, and device management. You will then transition to configuring Office 365, with a primary focus on configuring Office client connectivity to Office 365. Finally, you will examine how to manage Office 365 ProPlus deployments, from user-driven client installations to centralized Office 365 ProPlus deployments. You will wrap up this section by learning how to configure Office Telemetry and Microsoft Analytics.
The course concludes with an in-depth examination of Microsoft 365 identity synchronization, with a focus on Azure Active Directory Connect. You will learn how to plan for and implement Azure AD Connect, how to manage synchronized identities, and how to implement password management in Microsoft 365 using multi-factor authentication and self-service password management. This section wraps up with a comprehensive look at implementing application and external access. You will learn how to add and manage applications in Azure Active Directory, including how to configure multi-tenant applications. You will then examine how to configure Azure AD Application Proxy, including how to install and register a connector and how to publish an on-premises app for remote access. Finally, you will examine how to design and manage solutions for external access. This includes licensing guidance for Azure AD B2B collaboration, creating a collaborative user, and troubleshooting a B2B collaboration.
This course is designed for persons who are aspiring to the Microsoft 365 Enterprise Admin role and have completed one of the Microsoft 365 role-based administrator certification paths.
By actively participating in this course, you will learn about the following:
- Designing, configuring, and managing your Microsoft 365 tenant
- Office 365 product functionality
- Configuring Office 365
- Managing Office 365 ProPlus deployments
- Planning and implementing identity synchronization
- Implementing application and external access
- Completed a role-based administrator course such as Messaging, Teamwork, Security and Compliance, or Collaboration.
- A proficient understanding of DNS and basic functional experience with Microsoft 365 services.
- A proficient understanding of general IT practices.
The following items describe the outline of the course:
- Designing Your Microsoft 365 Tenant
- Configuring Your Microsoft 365 Tenant
- Managing Your Microsoft 365 Tenant
- Office 365 Overview
- Configuring Microsoft 365 Clients
- Capturing User-Driven Data
- Planning and Implementing Identity Synchronization
- Implementing Application and External Access