Cloud & Datacenter Monitoring with System Center Operations Manager
This course equips students with the skills they require to deploy and configure System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager.
The primary audience for this course is cloud and datacenter administrators who are new to System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager and are responsible for deploying, configuring and operating it in their cloud or datacenter. The secondary audience for this course is cloud and datacenter administrators who are already familiar with Operations Manager and want to upgrade their skills to include the new features found in System Center 2012 Operations Manager, System Center 2012 SP1 Operations Manager and System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager.
- One or more years’ experience in the design and implementation of System Center Operations
- Working knowledge of Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows Server 2012 R2.
- Working knowledge of SQL Server 2008 R2 and SQL Server 2012.
2007 R2 or System Center 2012 Operations Manager is desired.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Plan for the deployment of System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager including:
- Defining hardware and software requirements.
- Describing security considerations.
- Architect a highly available System Center and Microsoft SQL Server platform utilizing Microsoft SQL Server AlwaysOn.
- Planning for migration and upgrade scenarios to System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager.
- Customize the Operations Console with User Roles.
- Perform different methods of Agent deployment with System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager.
- Implement key Management Pack concepts and elements including Management Packs Templates.
- Configure Notifications, Reporting, and Service Level Tracking in System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager.
- Configure the following:
- Audit Collection Services.
- Agentless Exception Monitoring.
- Operations Manager SharePoint Web Part in System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager.
- Configure Application Performance Monitoring and Network Device monitoring in System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager.
- Configure dashboards and widgets in System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager.
- Describe how to use new cloud-based features including System Center Global Service Monitor and System Center Advisor.
- Configure integration between System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager and other System Center 2012 R2 components.
- Troubleshoot an Operations Manager Management Group.
- Perform disaster recovery in System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager.
Module 1: Overview and Architecture
Module 2: Deploying a new System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager Management Group
Module 3: Upgrading Operations Manager
Module 4: Configuring Fabric and Application Monitoring
Module 5: Application Performance Monitoring
Module 6: End to End Service Monitoring
Module 7: Scorecards, Dashboards and Reporting
Module 8: Configuring and Customizing the Console
Module 9: Management Pack Authoring
Module 10: Integrating Operations Manager with Other System Center Components
Module 11: Troubleshooting, Tuning and Disaster Recovery
The following materials are included as part of the course:
- Microsoft Official digital Curriculum (MOC)