IT Service Management with System Center Service Manager
This five-day course will provide students with the key knowledge required to deploy and configure System Center 2012 R2 Service Manager.
This course is intended for cloud and datacenter administrators who are new to System Center 2012 R2 Service Manager and are responsible for deploying, configuring and operating it in their cloud or datacenter. This course is also intended for Cloud and datacenter administrators who are already familiar with Service Manager and want to upgrade their skills to include the new features found in System Center 2012 R2 Service Manager.
- Working knowledge of Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows Server 2012.
- Working knowledge of SQL Server 2008 R2 and SQL Server 2012.
- An understanding of the IT management processes that are included with ITIL and MOF.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe Service Manager 2012 R2.
- Install Service Manager 2012 R2.
- Describe Service Manager usage cases.
- Configure base settings in Service Manager 2012 R2.
- Configure Incident and Problem Management.
- Configure Activity, Change, and Release Management.
- Configure and Manage Service Requests.
- Automate business processes with Service Manager and Orchestrator.
- Configure Service Level Management.
- Customize The Self-Service Portal.
- Use Reports and Analyze Data in Service Manager.
- Perform advanced troubleshooting and disaster recovery in Service Manager.
- Customize Service Manager Forms.
The following items describe the outline of the course:
Module 1: Service Management Overview
Module 2: Installing System Center 2012 R2 Service Manager
Module 3: Key Concepts and Features
Module 4: Configuring Service Manager for Your Environment
Module 5: Integrating Service Manager with the Hybrid Cloud
Module 6: Managing Incidents and Problems
Module 7: Managing Changes and Releases
Module 8: Configuring and Managing the Service Catalog
Module 9: Automating Business Processes with Orchestrator
Module 10: Configuring Service Level Management
Module 11: Using Reports and Analyzing Data in Service Manager
Module 12: Advanced Troubleshooting and Disaster Recovery
Module 13: Creating Forms and Items in Service Manager Using the Service Manager Authoring Tool