Securing Windows Server 2016
This five-day, instructor-led course teaches IT professionals how they can enhance the security of the IT infrastructure that they administer. This course begins by emphasizing the importance of assuming that network breaches have occurred already, and then teaches you how to protect administrative credentials and rights to help ensure that administrators can perform only the tasks that they need to, when they need to.
This course is for IT professionals who need to securely administer Windows Server 2016 networks. These professionals typically work with networks that are configured as Windows Server domain-based environments, with managed access to the internet and cloud services.
Students who seek certification in the 70-744 Securing Windows server exam also will benefit from this course.
- Completed courses 740, 741, and 742, or the equivalent.
- A solid, practical understanding of networking fundamentals, including TCP/IP, User Datagram Protocol (UDP), and Domain Name System (DNS).
- A solid, practical understanding of Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) principles.
- A solid, practical understanding of Microsoft Hyper-V virtualization fundamentals.
- An understanding of Windows Server security principles.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Secure Windows Server.
- Protect credentials and implement privileged access workstations.
- Limit administrator rights with Just Enough Administration.
- Manage privileged access.
- Mitigate malware and threats.
- Analyze activity with advanced auditing and log analytics.
- Deploy and configure Advanced Threat Analytics and Microsoft Operations Management Suite.
- Configure Guarded Fabric virtual machines (VMs)
- Use the Security Compliance Toolkit (SCT) and containers to improve security.
- Plan and protect data.
- Optimize and secure file services.
- Secure network traffic with firewalls and encryption.
- Secure network traffic by using DNSSEC and Message Analyzer.
Module 1: Attacks, breach detection, and Sysinternals tools
Module 2: Protecting credentials and privileged access
Module 3: Limiting administrator rights with Just Enough Administration
Module 4: Privileged access management and administrative forests
Module 5: Mitigating malware and threats
Module 6: Analyzing activity with advanced auditing and log analytics
Module 7: Deploying and configuring Advanced Threat Analytics and Microsoft Operations Management Suite
Module 8: Secure Virtualization Infrastructure
Module 9: Securing application development and server-workload infrastructure
Module 10: Planning and protecting data
Module 11: Optimizing and securing file services
Module 12: Securing network traffic with firewalls and encryption
Module 13: Securing network traffic
Module 14: Updating Windows Server
The following materials are included as part of the course:
- Microsoft Official digital Curriculum (MOC)