Developing SQL Databases
This five-day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to develop a Microsoft SQL Server database. The course focuses on teaching individuals how to use SQL Server product features and tools related to developing a database.
The primary audience for this course is IT Professionals who want to become skilled on SQL Server product features and technologies for implementing a database.The secondary audiences for this course are individuals who are developers from other product platforms looking to become skilled in the implementation of a SQL Server database.
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality.
- Working knowledge of Transact-SQL.
- Working knowledge of relational databases.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Design and Implement Tables.
- Describe advanced table designs
- Ensure Data Integrity through Constraints.
- Describe indexes, including Optimized and Columnstore indexes
- Design and Implement Views.
- Design and Implement Stored Procedures.
- Design and Implement User Defined Functions.
- Respond to data manipulation using triggers.
- Design and Implement In-Memory Tables.
- Implement Managed Code in SQL Server.
- Store and Query XML Data.
- Work with Spatial Data.
- Store and Query Blobs and Text Documents.
Module 1: Introduction to Database Development
Module 2: Designing and Implementing Tables
Module 3: Advanced Table Designs
Module 4: Ensuring Data Integrity through Constraints
Module 5: Introduction to Indexes
Module 6: Designing Optimized Index Strategies
Module 7: Columnstore Indexes
Module 8: Designing and Implementing Views
Module 9: Designing and Implementing Stored Procedures
Module 10: Designing and Implementing User-Defined Functions
Module 11: Responding to Data Manipulation via Triggers
Module 12: Using In-Memory Tables
Module 13: Implementing Managed Code in SQL Server
Module 14: Storing and Querying XML Data in SQL Server
Module 15: Storing and Querying Spatial Data in SQL Server
Module 16: Storing and Querying BLOBs and Text Documents in SQL Server
Module 17: SQL Server Concurrency
Module 18: Performance and Monitoring