Administering a SQL Database Infrastructure
This five-day instructor-led course provides students who administer and maintain SQL Server databases with the knowledge and skills to administer a SQL server database infrastructure. Additionally, it will be of use to individuals who develop applications that deliver content from SQL Server databases.
The primary audience for this course is individuals who administer and maintain SQL Server databases. These individuals perform database administration and maintenance as their primary area of responsibility, or work in environments where databases play a key role in their primary job.
The secondary audiences for this course are individuals who develop applications that deliver content from SQL Server databases.
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality.
- Working knowledge of Transact-SQL.
- Working knowledge of relational databases.
- Some experience with database design.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Authenticate and authorize users
- Assign server and database roles
- Authorize users to access resources
- Protect data with encryption and auditing
- Describe recovery models and backup strategies
- Backup SQL Server databases
- Restore SQL Server databases
- Automate database management
- Configure security for the SQL Server agent
- Manage alerts and notifications
- Managing SQL Server using PowerShell
- Trace access to SQL Server
- Monitor a SQL Server infrastructure
- Troubleshoot a SQL Server infrastructure
- Import and export data
The following items describe the outline of the course:
Module 1: SQL Server Security
Module 2: Assigning Server and Database Roles
Module 3: Authorizing Users to Access Resources
Module 4: Protecting Data with Encryption and Auditing
Module 5: Recovery Models and Backup Strategies
Module 6: Backing Up SQL Server Databases
Module 7: Restoring SQL Server 2016 Databases
Module 8: Automating SQL Server Management
Module 9: Configuring Security for SQL Server Agent
Module 10: Monitoring SQL Server with Alerts and Notifications
Module 11: Introduction to Managing SQL Server by using PowerShell
Module 12: Tracing Access to SQL Server with Extended events
Module 13: Monitoring SQL Server
Module 14: Troubleshooting SQL Server
Module 15: Importing and Exporting Data