Implementing a SQL Data Warehouse
This five-day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to provision a Microsoft SQL Server database. The course covers SQL Server provision both on-premise and in Azure and covers installing from new and migrating from an existing install.
The primary audience for this course is database professionals who need to fulfil a Business Intelligence Developer role. They will need to focus on hands-on work creating BI solutions including Data Warehouse implementation, ETL, and data cleansing.
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality.
- Working knowledge of relational databases.
- Some experience with database design.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the key elements of a data warehousing solution
- Describe the main hardware considerations for building a data warehouse
- Implement a logical design for a data warehouse
- Implement a physical design for a data warehouse
- Create columnstore indexes
- Implementing an Azure SQL Data Warehouse
- Describe the key features of SSIS
- Implement a data flow by using SSIS
- Implement control flow by using tasks and precedence constraints
- Create dynamic packages that include variables and parameters
- Debug SSIS packages
- Describe the considerations for implement an ETL solution
- Implement Data Quality Services
- Implement a Master Data Services model
- Describe how you can use custom components to extend SSIS
- Deploy SSIS projects
- Describe BI and common BI scenarios
The following items describe the outline of the course:
Module 1: Introduction to Data Warehousing
Module 2: Planning Data Warehouse Infrastructure
Module 3: Designing and Implementing a Data Warehouse
Module 4: Columnstore Indexes
Module 5: Implementing an Azure SQL Data Warehouse
Module 6: Creating an ETL Solution
Module 7: Implementing Control Flow in an SSIS Package
Module 8: Debugging and Troubleshooting SSIS Packages
Module 9: Implementing a Data Extraction Solution
Module 10: Enforcing Data Quality
Module 11: Using Master Data Services
Module 12: Extending SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
Module 13: Deploying and Configuring SSIS Packages
Module 14: Consuming Data in a Data Warehouse