Analyzing Data with Power BI
The main purpose of the course is to give students a good understanding of data analysis with Power BI. The course includes creating visualizations, the Power BI Service, and the Power BI Mobile App.
The course will likely be attended by SQL Server report creators who are interested in alternative methods of presenting data.
- Excellent knowledge of relational databases and reporting.
- Some basic knowledge of data warehouse schema topology (including star and snowflake schemas).
- Some exposure to basic programming constructs (such as looping and branching).
- An awareness of key business priorities such as revenue, profitability, and financial accounting is desirable.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications – particularly Excel.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Perform Power BI desktop data transformation.
- Describe Power BI desktop modelling.
- Create a Power BI desktop visualization.
- Implement the Power BI service.
- Describe how to connect to Excel data.
- Describe how to collaborate with Power BI data.
- Connect directly to data stores.
- Describe the Power BI developer API.
- Describe the Power BI mobile app.
Module 1: Introduction to Self-Service BI Solutions
Module 2: Introducing Power BI
Module 3: Power BI
Module 4: Shaping and Combining Data
Module 5: Modeling data
Module 6: Interactive Data Visualizations
Module 7: Direct Connectivity
Module 8: The Developer API
Module 9: Power BI mobile app
Founder / Principal Architect at dinesQL
Dinesh is an experienced professional and database enthusiast with skills in database management systems and business intelligence, especially on the Microsoft SQL Server product suite. Possessing over 16 years of experience on data related technologies, he does training, consulting, and is a top contributor to the local SQL Server community.