Mastering Microsoft Project 2016
This three-day, instructor-led course is intended for individuals who are interested in expanding their knowledge base and technical skills about Microsoft Project. The course begins with the basic concepts and leads students through all the functions they’ll need to plan and manage a small to medium-size project, including how to level resources and capture both cost and schedule progress.
This course will also help students prepare for Microsoft Project Exam 74-343 Managing Projects with Microsoft Project.
This course is intended for both novice and experienced project managers, managers, schedulers, and other project stake holders who need to incorporate the discipline of project management with Microsoft Project 2016.
There are no prerequisites for this course. However, it is helpful to have taken an introductory project management course, such as Versatile’s Principles of Project Management.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Understand the discipline of project management as it applies to using Microsoft Project 2016.
- Create a Work Breakdown Structure.
- Identify Task Types & Relationships.
- Define Resources within Project.
- Make Work Package Estimates.
- Create an Initial Schedule.
- Create a Resource Leveled Schedule.
- Create Projects from templates, Excel files.
- Create Global templates.
- Create formulas and graphical indicators.
- The steps to record a macro.
- Format Output and Print Reports.
- Integrate Multiple Projects.
- Set up a Project with a Calendar, Start date, and scheduling method.
- Understand Manually Schedule vs. Auto Schedule.
- Manage multiple projects.
- Be able to create a master project list with shared resources.
Module 1: Introduction to Microsoft Project
Module 2: A Quick and Easy Overview of Managing with Project
Module 3: Setting Up a Project
Module 4: Manually Schedule vs. Auto Schedule
Module 5: Creating a Work Breakdown Structure
Module 6: Identifying Task Relationships
Module 7: Defining Resources within Project
Module 8: Making Work Package Estimates
Module 9: Creating an Initial Schedule
Module 10: Create a Resource Leveled Schedule
Module 11: Managing the Project
Module 12: Formatting Output and Printing Reports
Module 13: Managing Multiple Projects
Module 14: Advanced Topics Module 15: Summary