PSM II – Professional Scrum Master
The Professional Scrum MasterTM level II (PSM II) assessment is available to anyone who wishes to demonstrate his or her ability to apply the Scrum framework to solving advanced, complex problems in the real world. Those that pass the assessment will receive the industry recognized PSM II Certification as an indication of their advanced knowledge and abilities pertaining to Scrum and the role of the Scrum Master.
Anyone attempting the PSM II should have advanced Scrum knowledge, in-depth Scrum experience and/or have taken the Professional Scrum Master course prior to taking this assessment. However, attending a course is neither necessary nor sufficient for certification. The PSM II assessment is very difficult, and consists of multiple-choice questions based on your knowledge of Scrum and how you would handle real-world situations.
If you pass the PSM II assessment you will receive the industry-recognized “PSM II” certification, along with a PSM II logo that you can use to identify your achievement. In addition, your name will be listed on Scrum.org.
Unlike other Scrum certifications that require only class attendance, Scrum.org certification requires a minimum score on an online assessment. This gives Scrum.org certification teeth and ensures that it has true value in the marketplace.
The PSM I, II and III level certifications are achieved on obtaining a minimum passing score in a rigorous assessment, which is held online.
PSM I holders understand the basics thoroughly, and are able to use globally accepted terminology and approaches to Scrum.PSM II holders have a deep understanding of the principles and processes that underpin the Scrum framework and can effectively apply Scrum in the organizational context. PSM III certification holders demonstrate a distinguished level of mastery over Scrum.
Immediately post the (Scrum.org) training, students will receive an email providing their password to attempt the certification assessment. If the student takes the assessment within 14 days and does not score at least 85%, they are entitled to a 2nd attempt at no cost. The 2nd e-mail with a new password will automatically be sent to the student.
This feature has been enabled to allow the candidate to inspect their level of knowledge and to reinforce the concepts dealt with in the Scrum.org training; viz. the importance of inspection, adaptation, and fast feedback cycles.
To learn more about each level, visit this link: https://www.scrum.org/professional-scrum-certifications/professional-scrum-master-assessments.
The Professional Scrum Master course is for anyone involved in product delivery using the Scrum framework. It is particularly beneficial for those people within an organization accountable for getting the most out of Scrum, including Scrum Masters, managers, and Scrum Team members. We also suggest that you read through the PSM Subject Areas.
The Professional Scrum Master II course is an advanced course specifically designed for experienced Scrum Masters who have a thorough understanding of the Scrum framework. It is particularly beneficial for those people with at least one year of Scrum Master experience.
- Clear understanding of the rules of Scrum through the empirical foundation of Scrum
- Act as Scrum Masters for Scrum Teams and stakeholders from an in-depth understanding of servant-leadership
- Effectively start using Scrum
- Increase the effectiveness of Scrum underway
- Refresh what empiricism is and how it manifests in Scrum. Learn what professionalism means in product delivery and how it relates to Scrum.
- Use the Scrum Principles & Values as a guide to the many challenging situations that a Scrum Master faces.
Understanding and Engaging People & Teams
- Learn how Scrum Masters can create engaging and trusting environments.
Growing People & Teams
- Learn how to support the self-organization of Development Teams by acting as a Servant-Leader.
Agile Product Management
- Learn how a Scrum Master can support the Product Owner in the successful delivery of valuable products.
- Learn what a Scrum Master can do to help organizations embrace Agility and be emphatic to those with other views.
The following materials are included as part of the course:
- Attendee workbook
- Course certificate of completion
Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to be eligible for the exam.