QA – Software Testing
Software quality assurance is an important part of the software development life cycle. If we released a project or a product with defects/bugs customers will never accept it. Today with Agile practice QA become an important role. Furthermore, there are several opportunities for qualified QAs in the industry.
- Fresh graduates who are like to start the career as a QA engineer.
- Under graduates who are looking internship or planning to obtain quality assurance knowledge.
- Experience quality engineers who are like to understand the proper quality assurance process.
- Anyone who is from a different track (development / BA / PM) likes to understand the proper quality assurance process.
There is no specific requirement. Just having a basic understanding of the software development process.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
Explain the proper end-to-end quality assurance process, test management test strategies/approaches, risks, and principles.
Create a path for fresh and undergraduates to start the career as a quality assurance engineer.
Prepare for ISTQB certification.
The following items describe the outline of the course:
- Software Testing Fundamentals
- Testing throughout the software life cycle – How testing perform in Waterfall and V and V models
- Testing throughout the software life cycle How testing perform in the Agile model
- Test cases design techniques with practical scenarios
- How software review process perform and importance of software review process
- Test management – Test planning and estimation with practical scenarios
- Test management – Defect reporting and Defect management process
- Tools support for testing and how to prepare for ISTQB exam/interviews
Senior Quality Engineering Lead at Zone24x7
Udara is a Senior Quality Assurance lead with over 12 years of industry experience in the quality assurance and testing field. He also a visiting lecturer at SLIIT, University of Kelaniya, and recently IJSE Panadura.
He also a member of the SLASSCOM quality forum. Udara had conducted many sessions at the university level representing the SLASSCOM quality forum.
He also an external consultant to many startups in Srilanka
Udara is a graduate of SLIIT and also ISTQB certified professional.