DA-100 – Analyzing Data with Power BI
This course will discuss the various methods and best practices that are in line with business and technical requirements for modeling, visualizing, and analyzing data with Power BI. The course will also show how to access and process data from a range of data sources including both relational and non-relational data. This course will also explore how to implement proper security standards and policies across the Power BI spectrum including datasets and groups. The course will also discuss how to manage and deploy reports and dashboards for sharing and content distribution. Finally, this course will show how to build paginated reports within the Power BI service and publish them to a workspace for inclusion within Power BI.
The audience for this course is data professionals and business intelligence professionals who want to learn how to accurately perform data analysis using Power BI. This course is also targeted toward those individuals who develop reports that visualize data from the data platform technologies that exist on both in the cloud and on-premises.
In addition to their professional experience, students who take this training should have technical knowledge equivalent to the information found in the Azure Fundamentals course.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Perform Power BI desktop data transformation.
- Describe Power BI desktop modelling.
- Create a Power BI desktop visualization.
- Implement the Power BI service.
- Describe how to connect to Excel data.
- Describe how to collaborate with Power BI data.
- Connect directly to data stores.
- Describe the Power BI developer API.
- Describe the Power BI mobile app.
The following items describe the outline of the course:
- Get Started with Microsoft Data Analytics
- Prepare Data in Power BI
- Clean, Transform, and Load Data in Power BI
- Design a Data Model in Power BI
- Create Measures using DAX in Power BI
- Optimize Model Performance
- Create Reports
- Create Dashboards
- Create Paginated Reports in Power BI
- Perform Advanced Analytics
- Create and Manage Workspaces
- Manage Datasets in Power BI
- Row-level security
Founder / Principal Architect at dinesQL
Dinesh is an experienced professional and database enthusiast with skills in database management systems and business intelligence, especially on the Microsoft SQL Server product suite. Possessing over 16 years of experience on data related technologies, he does training, consulting, and is a top contributor to the local SQL Server community.