MD-100 – Windows 10
This exam measures your ability to accomplish the following technical tasks: deploy Windows; manage devices and data; configure connectivity; and maintain Windows. If you passed Exam 70-698 before it expired on March 31, 2019, you only need to take one exam (MD-101) on or before July 31, 2019 to earn the Modern Desktop certification. Starting August 1, 2019, both MD-100 and MD-101 are required exams and the only path to earn a Microsoft 365 Certified: Modern Desktop Administrator Associate certification.
Candidates for this exam are IT professionals who perform installation, configuration, general local management and maintenance of Windows 10 core services. Candidates may also be familiar with enterprise scenarios and cloud-integrated services.
Before attending this course, students must demonstrate the following skills:
- Basic understanding of computer networks and hardware concepts.
- Basic understanding of OS and Application concepts.
- Experience with using the Windows OS.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Prepare to install Windows 10.
- nstall Windows 10.
- Configure Updates for Windows.
- Perform post-installation configuration tasks.
- Configure devices and drivers for Windows.
- Configure storage for Windows.
- Configure network settings in Windows.
- Configure remote management of Windows.
- Configure and manage applications in Windows.
- Configure Internet Explorer.
- Describe the methods for securing Windows 10.
- Configure account access and authentication.
- Configure file and folder permissions.
- Create security policies.
- Describe common threats and methods for mitigating against them.
- Use Windows troubleshooting and monitoring tools.
- Troubleshoot Windows installations.
- Troubleshoot application installation issues.
- Troubleshoot web browser settings.
- Troubleshoot Windows authentication.
- Troubleshoot hardware issues related to Windows machines
The following items describe the outline of the course:
Module 1: Installing Windows
Module 2: Updating Windows
Module 3: Post-installation Configuration and Personalization
Module 4: Configuring Peripherals and Drivers
Module 5: Configuring Networking
Module 6: Configuring Storage
Module 7: Managing Apps in Windows 10
Module 8: Configuring Authorization & Authentication
Module 9: Configuring Data Access and Usage
Module 10: Configuring Threat Protection
Module 11: Supporting the Windows 10 Environment
Module 12: Troubleshooting the Windows OS
Module 13: Troubleshooting Files & Applications
Module 14: Troubleshooting Hardware and Drivers
Module 15: Course Conclusion